Sunday, April 26, 2020

Notes from a pandemic

It has been quite some time since I posted on my blog. Over two and half years to be exact. Yikes! It seems the older I get the faster the time goes? How is that possible. I remember being a stay-at-home mom and getting far less sleep and being able to juggle a multitude of tasks. Nowadays I get tired just thinking about what I have to do. So here we are smack in the middle of the 2020 Covid-19 pandemic. And the conspiracy theories and our government briefings are literally making me turn off the tv and walk away from social media or at least unfollow some people. Working remotely from home for the last six weeks has been interesting. I find myself somewhere torn between the blessing to be able to do so and actually missing my workplace that I used to groan and moan when I did work there. Funny how that happens. But for the most part we are staying home to be safe and stay healthy. Going out once a week to grab a few necessary items at the local grocery store. Had I know toilet paper would be the most valuable item that is unable to be found along with antibacterial soap, I certainly would have stocked up. Note to self to definitely do that when I am able or when it is back in stock anyways. So my blog is about the lessons, blessings and laughter. My lessons throughout this crazy time have been learning to be patient, trusting in God and realizing that I can live with so much less than I ever thought I could have in the past. My blessings begin and end with my faith in God, keeping us safe and healthy, having enough to eat and drink and the simple things in life that are so important right now. As far as laughter, yes when my husband came home with toilet paper and paper towels, I shrieked with as much joy as when he used to bring me home a Dunkins iced coffee or a bottle of wine, but times have certainly changed. I keep seeing posts on social media about folks wanting to return to "normal". I believe this happened for a reason. Normal as we knew it was not working. This whole situation happened to stop the brakes on a world of humans who were killing the planet. We were the virus destroying this beautiful world. It is giving us the opportunity to stop and reboot and reflect on the truly important things in life. May we all stay safe and healthy and may the world heal and be better and stronger than ever. Peace my friends! Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment