Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mirroring the real me

Did you ever notice that as we evolve and grow that there are some folks in our lives who still see us a certain way? It’s as though whatever memory they have of us is stuck like a needle on a record player (yes I am aging myself here). Then when you get together with this person you realize they don’t really know the real you. I have had this happen over and over again with family members and friends. I find it frustrating but also challenging because it usually gives me the opportunity to take a look inside and see what I am really showing the world. I have read that what you are shown is a mirror of what you are truly doing, feeling or showing. Now that is a scary thought isn't it? Just think now about the folks who rub you the wrong way or are downright nasty. Could it be that something we are afraid of or that we are putting out there in the universe is coming back to us in some weird cosmic way? Nevertheless, as I continue to get through the process of losing a loved one, I am left with these thoughts. What kind of legacy will I leave behind? How will I be remembered? I hope that with each passing day I choose to live as authentically as I can, so that one day folks will say “she was kind and understanding”. Sounds like a plan! Keep Smiling! :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a really great goal. Some people will always see what they want to see, but you can't control that.

    ReplyDelete