Monday, June 10, 2013

This is just temporary...

Have you heard the Carrie Underwood song called "Temporary Home" The chorus goes... This is our temporary home, it's not where we belong Windows and rooms that we're passing through This is just a stop on the way to where we're going I'm not afraid because I know This is our temporary home I was thinking about this while at the dentist. My dentist was asking me about how I have been doing since my mom passed. We got into the conversation about how amazing it is that this life is just a temporary stop on our journey. But in the mean time, she said take care of your teeth, so I had to get my tooth filled...lol I then thought about how we will leave our temporary home. I equate it to how people go to the beach or a wherever you have been for a day and how you leave it. Do you leave your trash everywhere for someone to deal with or do you straighten everything before you go so that it almost looks like no one has been there...do you take a souvenir with you...do you take notice of those around you? This really creates a balancing act doesn't it? We walk the fine line of wanting to leave an impression on earth before we go to heaven, but certainly do not want to leave our lives in utter chaos for those left behind or worse leave it without anyone knowing we were even here. Everyday is an opportunity to leave your mark on the Earth. How will you leave your mark today? Keep Smiling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment