Thursday, May 9, 2013

Love, loss and legacy

I haven't been writing lately as my mother is now at the end of her life. As difficult and heartwrenching as this experience is, I am recognizing the blessing we have all been given. We are able to tell her what we want to say, hold her hand, kiss and snuggle her and live in the moment. Many times you do not get that opportunity to say goodbye. Not just because she is my mother, I can honestly say she was the kindest, most gentle, forgiving soul that walked the Earth. In many ways, she was too good for this world. I was beyond blessed to have her for a mother. She will always live in my heart and she made me the person I am today. I will always honor her by being kind, gentle and forgiving. It is her legacy and it will continue even when she goes to her heavenly home. An angel on Earth will soon be an angel in Heaven. Tell those close to you that you love them everyday. Don't let anger into your heart. Time is precious.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my..sniff sniff..great entry. I will do what you tell me to do! Betty

    ReplyDelete