Saturday, May 18, 2013

Where there is darkness, there is also light...

For the four long months of watching my mother struggle to survive and during the final weeks of her life, I experienced every emotion a human could possibly feel. There were times of denial, anger, frustration and fear. But there were also times of appreciation, hope, love and peace. What I learned during these weeks will never be forgotten. I learned about myself more than anything. I learned that I am strong because of my faith and trust in God for it brings me comfort. I also surround myself with a support system of friends who provide me with unconditional love, understanding and hope. I learned that other people's problems are not my own. I learned that in the darkest days and in the moments of personal struggle that God's love is always with us. Angels are all around us in the form of a nurse, a doctor, a caregiver, a friend, a co-worker and sometimes a stranger. And all of them lift us out of the darkness and into the light. There is nothing we go through alone in life. I will always miss my sweet mother, and it is because of her and her legacy of love that I choose to live in the light. May I always have the strength to overcome life's obstacles and dark times with faith, hope and love. Keep Smiling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment