Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lucky Number Seven

Today my husband was at the hospital having a procedure to check on the stent in his brain due to an unruptured aneurysm. I dropped him off and told him to say hi to Angie. He said Angie? I said yes Angi O'gram which was the procedure he was having and I tried to make him laugh during a very anxious time for him. He had discovered he had an aneurysm when his mom had three rupture and they recommended all the children and grandchildren get tested. During this testing, he discovered he had an aneurysm or bubble as we refer to it in his brain. After coiling failed, a stent was put in and today was checking to see if the stent was doing it's job and it was. There were no complications and he was given the go ahead to not have to come back for seven years! I cannot tell you in words how this made our family feel as this had been an ongoing concern since 2005. What I have learned through it all is that my husband is an amazing person. I have been with him for almost thirty years. He was my first boyfriend and if I have anything to say about it, he will be my last. You don't realize when you are young and saying the vows before God and family that you truly will live each and every one of them. For better or worse, for sickness or in health...and as we like to add...to be a pain in the butt. My husband says I am excelling in that vow! We have almost been through it all, and I am sure there is much more to go through together and we are just thrilled to have seven years reprieve from worrying about this speed bump on our road of life together. Keep Smiling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment