Sunday, April 7, 2013

As long as I have my lipstick, everything is fine!

My mother has been hospitalized with a multitude of complex issues over the last three months. So you can imagine we have all gone through every emotion and level of stress possible. Between the comings and goings of medical staff and whatnot you could not even think there was room for laughter. But there was. My mother in all her suffering and anxiety over being hospitalized and hooked up to machines and IVs had one major request. "Bring me my lipstick!" I had to bust out in laughter because as long as she had her lipstick, everything was going to be fine. So we brought her the lipstick and it had the effect of making a scary situation a little bit easier for her. Who knew lipstick had such power! Keep Smiling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment