Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Drive Safely

There is a soon to be 101 year old woman who resides at the assisted living where I work part time. I love listening to her stories from her life. Can you even imagine what she has seen in her 100 years! I also get a kick out of her witty comebacks. For instance, they do not have salt at the dinner tables they have salt substitute. One day while at the desk I hear her very loudly say "I am 100 years old and if I want salt I will have salt!" Amen sister...at that age everything is icing on the cake and you should be able to have whatever you want. I can only imagine what our generation will be like in the assisted living of our future. Give me my IV of pinot grigio and turn up the music...Aerosmith is on! LOL Every night after dinner, the 100 year old stops at the desk and says "Drive Safely" to which I reply "You too" referring to her and her walker...she smiles and giggles and goes on her way. And I drive home with a smile on my face. Keep Smiling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment