Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lessons from the sea

I love the ocean. The moment I am even near it and can smell the sea air I am a different person. Something about the salty water, the air and the sand washing over glass and stones smoothing them with every wave just brings a sense of tranquility to me. I love walking the beach finding treasures of seashells, stones and seaglass. There is something both haunting and healing about the sea. The combination is soothing and reminds me that no matter how difficult a situation may be that with time the edges will be smoothed over and the memory more tolerable. My favorite quote from John F. Kennedy is " We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came." Indeed. Keep Smiling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment