Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Color outside the lines and use every crayon in the box

I remember being about five years old sitting on the floor by the coffee table and coloring in my coloring book while my parents would watch television. Being a first born and at the time the only child, I would put such unnecessary pressure on myself to color within the lines. To the point where if I did color outside the lines, I would rip the page out of the coloring book because it wasn't perfect. Fast forward to high school and college when I would take notes in class and later re-write them all over and over again so they would be neat and orderly. Call it OCD or whathaveyou but this is how I remember being until much later in life. Not quite sure when the transition in my thinking happened but I think being a parent certainly helped me to see that life is not perfect, we are not perfect. I gave myself permission to just be me. We are imperfect creatures living in an imperfect world. It's okay that we don't have it all, it's okay to make mistakes and it's okay to take chances and fail. So what happens if you color outside the lines? Does the world end? Nope... you end up with a more colorful page. Enjoy everything about life and its experiences and the journey will be more fulfilling than you can ever imagine. Keep Smiling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment